Want to learn how to wholesale your art or handmade work?
This is the place!
The Arts Business Institute has been teaching the business of art since 2002, with a strong emphasis on entering the wholesale marketplace. With the advent of our new Wholesale Academy series, any creative entrepreneur can use online learning to benefit from our program, which includes best practices, smart strategies and more.
Our series launches with a foundational course:
How to Wholesale: A Step-by-Step Guide for the Creative Entrepreneur
Regular price for this online course is $129. Order now and save. Our early bird price of $99 expires July 22nd!
Unit One: Getting Started
- Wholesale Basics
- Is Wholesaling Right for You?
- How Wholesaling will Change Your Small Business
Unit Two: Moving from Consignment to Wholesale
- Consigning vs. Wholesaling
- Making the Transition
- Consignment can still be Useful – Here’s Why
- Negotiating Wholesale/Consignment with Store Buyers
Unit Three: The Wholesale Marketplace
- Wholesale Trade Shows
- Making Online Sales
- Hire Sales Representatives
- Call on Stores in Your Local Area
Unit Four: Your Business Structure and Systems
- Business Essentials
- Production Setup
- Your Production Calendar
- Plan Your Marketing
- Sales Tools
Unit Five: Pricing and Profitability
- The Basic Pricing Formula
- What are Materials Costs?
- What is Labor Cost?
- What is Overhead?
- What is Cost of Sale?
- What is Profit? Why Does it Matter?
- Retail Markup
Unit Six: Getting Paid
- Terms of Payment
- Extending Credit
- When It’s Time to Collect
Unit Seven: Growing Your Wholesale Business
- What do Retailers Want?
- How to be a Good Partner to Your Retailers
- Outstanding Customer Service
This course also includes:
Instructional Videos in each Unit
Checklists and Templates