Artists, do you use Pinterest to promote your work?
When you pin your own artwork on Pinterest boards, enhance each image by using these tips to make them go further:
1. Add content describing each image, and make it compelling. Captions are often the most-read text in articles, and this works on Pinterest also. Use this space to help tell your story and share about your art and your business.
2. Use hashtags in your descriptions. Hashtags should be used across your social media sites, because they make your pins oh-so-searchable, and this works well on Pinterest.
3. To maximize your pins’ chances for being found, be sure to include more than just a hashtag in the description, use common descriptive keywords too, and use keywords in the link attached to the pin as well.
4. Put your website URL in the pin description, which takes readers to your home page, giving you an opportunity to drive even more web traffic to your site. This puts your business name in front of people, and acts as a reminder to click for more about your art.
5. Add a price to your description, which will show in the left-hand corner of the image when pinned. This adds your item to the main Pinterest gift board, giving it more exposure, and leading directly to the shopping cart where your work can be purchased.
How do you use Pinterest to market your own work?