Are you using social media to promote and publicize your art business?
Twitter is one of the most popular ways to connect, and it’s easy to get started. Use these tips to make your experience with Twitter fun and more effective:
1. Set up your profile. An avatar (preferably your photograph) is a must. You have only a few sentences to describe yourself and your art succinctly, with a link to your website, so make the most of this space. It can make the difference in attracting followers.
2. Follow others. Want to connect with other artists? Great. Want to make inroads into your target market by following people who would be good for business? That’s easy too. Just click “follow” and you will start seeing their stream of “tweets.”
4. Join in. Re-tweeting links to interesting articles or just getting involved in conversations will help you get followed by other people on Twitter and build your base. Look for hashtags to read tweets that interest you. For example, #art #craft or #museums. Searching for words using hashtags brings up tweets with that subject to help you find interesting folks to connect with.
5. Get visual. Want to share a photo of your work in progress? Or an inspirational sunset? Use Twitpic to post your photograph online, or just post from Twitter itself. Click the camera icon and upload your photo.
6. Collaborate. Do this by retweeting and recommending other people, who in turn recommend you. It’s easy to form partnershipson the site for mutual promotion. You might even want to join a tribe on Triberr and use your group to amplify your influence on Twitter.
7.Share in real time. Got an event going on like a seminar, webinar or show? Send tweets in real time. Choose a unique #hashtag for your event so that your group can discuss what’s going on.
8. Innovate. Highly creative ideas like the Twitter Art Exhibit have come out of this social media platform. You are limited only by your imagination!